Monday, April 20, 2020

December COMC haul

Well it's official - Our remaining school year has now been cancelled. (and along with it, all spring high school sports). That means more time sitting at home.

On one hand, I'm still getting paid by our district, so I can take the time to continue organizing my card collection. However, on the other hand, that get's rather tedious at times, and I'm trying to work with some of my other hobbies, such as writing, Legos, and polymer clay. My wife, on yet another hand, is getting jealous of all my spare time (we've been off since mid-March), especially since she still has to go to work at her office. 

Other than the occasional foray for groceries and walking the dog, I don't get out much. I do try to at least grab a pack or two of cards when I do make it out (Target rack packs).

Thank goodness you can still order cards from COMC. While there are slight delays in shipping, that's not a problem, as I always try to hold off on shipping anyway, until I can get about 50-75 cards delivered. These cards represent a haul I had ordered last December from the Redmond, Wash.-based company.


Let's start out with these Padres goodies. Here's a 2014 Classics Significant Signatures Silver Austin Hedges (#5) S/N 172/299; 2017 Donruss Signature Series Red Manny Margot (#SSMM) S/N 30/99; 2016 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Signatures Holo Travis Jankowski (#33 ) S/N 99/150: and a 2017 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Carlos Asuaje (#RACAS).

2017 Stadium Club Autographs Ryan Schimpf (#SCARSF); 2017 Donruss Optic Jose Rondon Autograph (#175); 2016 Donruss Optic #173 Alex Dickerson RC Autograph (#173); and a 2009 Topps Career Best Autographs Heath Bell (#UPD).

2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph relics Tyson Ross (#CAARTR); 2016 Topps Triple Threads Unity Jumbo Relic Autographs Silver James Shields (#UAJRJSH) S/N 23/75; 2015 Elite Future Threads Signatures Odrisamer Despaigne (#21) S/N 298/299; and a 2002 Bowman's Best Bat RC Josh Barfield (#128).


I then picked up some Desert Shield San Diego Padres. Darrin Jackson (#373); Jerald Clark (#513); Jack Clark (#650); Mark Parent (#358); Fred Lynn (#586), and 


Phil Stephenson (#726); Calvin Schiraldi (424); Benny Santiago (#760); and Bip Roberts (#538). This pretty much completes my Desert Shield Padres collection, with the Tony Gwynn being the lone exception.

Stay healthy and safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment